[CMake] cpack multiple packages

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 03:41:49 EST 2016

When playing with component you have 3 major way to package which are
governed by the value
of CPACK_COMPONENTS_GROUPING:

1 package per component -> set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_GROUPING IGNORE)
1 package for all -> set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_GROUPING ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE)
1 package per component group the default behavior.

In order to get 1 package per group you have to specify group when
specifying component, more information
here:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.7/module/CPackComponent.html
https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack#Principles_of_CPack_Component_Packaging

> Hi.
>

> I have a big project which produces several zip packages.
>
> Some files are common to all packages while others are unique per package.
>

> Is there a way to create these packages using cpack?
>

> I tried to use components but it seems that either it puts all components
> in one package or makes one package per component.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dvir
>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ