[CMake] What are the missing features in Ninja that CMake needs?

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:24:35 EST 2016

Hello,

Kitware maintains a separate release of Ninja in order to support Fortran:

https://github.com/Kitware/ninja

I kind of want to ask what Kitware changed, but I probably won't understand
the details. Instead, I was hoping someone could give me a toy example of a
Fortran program that cannot be compiled without Kitware's changes to Ninja?

Today I tried to compare CMake+Ninja with Meson+Ninja and both were able to
handle the toy programs that I threw at them. So I haven't found the corner
of the parameter space that is fixed by Kitware's patches.

Cheers,
Daniel.