[CMake] Visual Studio - Change 'Character Set' property

Cosmin Dorcu cosmind_1993 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 23:17:31 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am using CMake to build VTK for windows (specifically with Visual Studio 2015). My goal is to integrate VTK into an existing MFC C++ app, so I am interested in building and using the MFC module. That module is created by default with the CS (Character Set) flag set to "MBCS", and my project uses "Unicode". This generates an assertion on run, which may indicate there is a bug later down the line. If I build the main app with MBCS, that assertion is gone.

My question is:
Is it possible to add a new entry in CMake which will change the CS property of the project? If yes, how?

Thanks and regards,
Cosmin D.