[CMake] install/fast Makerule failing in buildroot

Dushara Jayasinghe dushara at successful.com.au
Wed Apr 27 03:02:49 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to include a package to buildroot (2016.02) with cmake as the
build generator however, I've hit a bit of a snag. This particular
version of buildroot is using CMake version 3.4.3. The package builds as
expected, however during the install step, the following error is generated:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `install/fast'.  Stop.

I had a look at the generated Makefile and found it lacks any install
rules (there are preinstall rules only). The toolchain I'm using is a
cross compiler targeting an arm platform. Buildroot compiles the tool
chain as well as CMake as part of the build process.

Is anyone able to point me in the area of CMake sources that I need to
look at to fix this particular issue?

Thanks,
DJ