[CMake] Need a example to use dll in vs

Jakob van Bethlehem jsvanbethlehem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:43:14 EDT 2016

Hej,

You really should provide more detailed information about your project
structure, and what is going wrong. There are some subtle differences
between Linux/Windows, but not at the level you're referring to. Certainly
the IMPORTED property has nothing to do with a platform distinction.
IMPORTED libraries work exactly the same on Windows/Linux.

There is a very big difference between Linux/Windows though in the sense
that on Windows you need to explicitly export symbols you want to be
available on the interface of the dll. My first guess from your very
limited info is that something is wrong in that area (and if that's the
case, you can easily resolve this using the GenerateExportHeader module).

But back to my original comment: provide more details on what you are
trying to do, and what is failing.

Sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem