[CMake] Finding 32bit libs on 64bit Ubuntu install

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Apr 22 17:08:17 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-22 14:59-0400 Nick Deubert wrote:

> Hey everyone, I am trying to build and link some 32bit binaries on
> Ubuntu 15.10 64bit, but no matter what combination of arguments I give
> FIND_LIBRARY I cannot get it to use the 32bit libs. I have been
> scouring the mailing lists and came up with all these things to try
> but nothing has worked so far. I am using cmake 3.0.2. Please let me
> know what I am missing. Thanks in advance for your help.

CMake 3.0.2 is pretty old, and there were some find and other issues
for early CMake-3 versions.  I don't know whether any of those issues
are relevant to the issue you are discussing. Nevertheless, as an
experiment (and to make sure your eventual solution works for the
latest CMake) I would suggest you try building and using the latest
released version of CMake, 3.5.2, to see if that makes any difference.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin