[CMake] How to check if Eclipse CDT4 generated project is set up correctly?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 16:14:31 EDT 2016

On Monday, April 18, 2016 16:57:52 Nils Rathmann wrote:
> Hi,
> when I setup with the Eclipse CDT4 generator, as described here:
> https://cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator4
>
> my [Targets] folder contains virtual folders for CMakeRules, Header
> Files, Object Files, Resources and Source Files,

Yes, those are the standard groups created by cmake.

> but only the source files folder is filled.

If you list also the header files in the sources for a target, they will
appear in the [Header Files] group.

> The other folders are always empty, even if I
> build the target or the whole project. Is there a documentation where I
> can see how a generated Eclipse project should look like? When I compare
> my project with the sample screenshot in the wiki linked above, it looks
> totally different (mine has a lot of virtual folders like Subprojects,
> Targets, ...)

you should have a [Source directory] virtual folder pointing to
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}.
You should have a virtual folder [Subprojects], with one subdir for every
project()-call in your project.

The "Make targets" tab should have some global targets to  build (like all,
clean, rebuild_cache) and a "Build" and "Clean" make target for every target.

Is this so ?

Alex