[CMake] How to use CMake with Eclipse CDT?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EMEA.NEC.COM
Wed Apr 20 06:16:36 EDT 2016

Hi

I want to build an Eclipse CDT (C++) project on Linux that can be maintained using CMake.  I have seen the notes on the Eclipse CDT4 Generator here:

https://cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator

Is the sole purpose of that generator to create a CDT project from a CMake makefile?

Or, having run the generator, will CDT continue to maintain the project with CMake, adding new source files to CMakeLists.txt as required?  This is what I want to achieve, so that my project can be built by another IDE, that understands CMake but not CDT, at any time.

Best regards

David