[CMake] How to deal with generated source files (w/ dependency tracking) for globs

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:40:41 EDT 2016

On 4/6/16, iosif neitzke <iosif.neitzke+cmake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it depends on when you want the output files from Nim
> generated and which files are the most frequently developed.
> If it is usually a one-time generation per clean development session,
> the simplest case, where the *.NIM source files are not the files
> most likely to be changed, I would think execute_process should
> work okay?

Thanks for the responses. In this case, the common use case would be
writing/changing the NIM files, which in turn require the C files to
be rewritten. (The users are writing in NIM, and C generation to them
is just an implementation detail and means to an end.)

It sounds like this is going to be a pain.

I appreciate everybody's responses on this.

Thanks,
Eric