[CMake] Firefox and chrome warnings when dowloading cmake windows installers

Nicholas Braden nicholas11braden at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:35:30 EDT 2016

Previously there was a discussion about only Chrome:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2016-April/063192.html

Good to know Firefox is affected too. For now I don't think anyone
actually knows whether the file in question is truly dangerous or not,
so use at your own risk. From what I've read it looks like this needs
to be fixed on CMake's end by signing the MSI file. (I guess Google
hates unsigned MSIs but is perfectly fine with unsigned EXEs)