[CMake] Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)

aurel labroue labroue.aurel at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 28 17:51:02 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,
  I'm trying to install rtl-sdr on my Linux, and i have this error during the compilation "Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)", i searched where the problem came from and apparently a function named find_package(PkgConfig) is called in     CMakeLists.txt to find pkg-config, this function search with 2 modes, the first one being the module mode where the function go in the Modules repertory of CMake and catch the file named FindPkgConfig.cmake... I checked in this repertory and found no such file...I found a find with this name here https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake
but i put it in the Modules dir. but still the same error... I'm stuck there...
Any suggestion ?
Cheers

Aurélien