[CMake] CPack: Debian package will not install on Linix-ppc

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 03:05:34 EST 2015

> Hi All,
>
> we are trying to get our Debian install package to install on a Linux
> PowerPC system running

Which version of CMake have you tried?
Version 3.4.0 had some changes regarding how DEB packages are packaged
(libarchive instead of system tar) so try to see if that version works
for you.

> The system is Ubuntu Mate 15.10 on a G5 IMac and the package was built on
> the same system.
>
> CMake script is here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx-1.6/CMakeLists.txt

Try to create a simple package first and see if the error still occurs
and then go from there.
Something like:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.4 FATAL_ERROR)

set(CPACK_PACKAGE_CONTACT "someone")
install(FILES CMakeLists.txt DESTINATION foo COMPONENT test)
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME "minimal")

set(CPACK_GENERATOR "DEB")
include(CPack)

Regards,