[CMake] Migrating from another build system that maintains its own source file lists

Kevin Houlihan khouli at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:48:54 EDT 2015

Hello,

I want to migrate from a build system that has its own lists of source
files that must be maintained for the time being. I have scripts to
translate those list files into CMakeLists.txt files but I don't know of a
good way to integrate those into a CMake generated build system and keep
the generated CMakeLists.txt files up to date with the files they were
generated from.

My current solution is to use a Makefile to check to see if the
CMakeLists.txt files need to be updated as part of the build. This is a bit
clumsy.

The issue seems similar to the problem of using file globbing in
CMakeLIsts.txt files and as far as I know, the answer there is "don't do
that". Still I thought I'd try my luck.

Any suggestions?