[CMake] Using the FindBoost package

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Sat May 9 01:27:32 EDT 2015

The code is not mine but I am trying to get it to work. On Windows the
code is calling into the FindBoost.cmake package via a find_package
call. Before calling find_package the code sets the Boost_INCLUDE_DIR
and Boost_LIBRARY_DIR to the respective Boost 'boost' and Boost 'libs'
subdirectories of a Boost installation under Windows. This causes a
failure because FindBoost looks for the version.h file as
Boost_INCLUDE_DIR/boost/version.h. This implies that the
Boost_INCLUDE_DIR ios supposed to be the top-level installation
directory, but when it is set to that I get errors saying that none of
the Boost libraries can be found. It seems as if FindBoost.cmake is not
meant to work on Windows, but only on Linux.

How can I make the call to FindBoost work successfully ?