[CMake] unit tests include in "all" but not install

Miller Henry MillerHenry at JohnDeere.com
Mon Mar 23 09:44:22 EDT 2015

I have setup our unit tests to output a junit report, and the junit report is what is in the all target.  Thus my unit tests don't run on a make install if they have run during the original make. If anything was rebuilt during the make install only the affected tests are run.

This of course depends on your test framework having the ability to create an output file.  (but there are enough useful things to do from a junit output that I suggest you should refuse a framework that doesn't)

From: CMake [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of Scott Aron Bloom
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 6:24 PM
To: Scott Aron Bloom; CMake ML
Subject: Re: [CMake] unit tests include in "all" but not install

For those who couldn't understand my jibberish.. I apologize, never send email from a phone...

Ill restate...

In general, I want all my unit tests to be built when I do a make all, but I really don't care if they are up to date for a make install.

Is that a possibility?  Ie, add the exclude from all attribute, that is really an exclude from install?

Scott