[CMake] COMMENT ignored for POST_BUILD custom command?

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:10:58 EDT 2015

On 20.03.2015 19:41, Chris Green wrote:
> On 3/20/15 12:11 PM, Christopher H Green wrote:
>> Indeed it might, thank you, but I believe I'm seeing the same
>> behavior with ninja also.
> I can confirm that with CMake 3.2.1, the expected COMMENT is printed
> with the UNIX Makefile generator, but not for the Ninja generator. Any
> chance of getting this fixed in an upcoming version? Several of our
> users are trying out Ninja, and liking what they see so far.

In the Makefile generators this was a regression but with the Ninja
generator this seems to have never been implemented.

CMake Ninja builds are much less verbose than CMake's Makefiles and I am
personally quite fond of that fact.
In a diagnostic free build (no warnings or errors) this often means a
single line of output for the entire build.

You could make this a feature request on the issue tracker though.

Nils