[CMake] ARGV processing in cmake -P

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 13:54:52 EDT 2015

Works for me with CMake 3.2.1 on Windows. What version of CMake are you using?

C:\dev\dcole> type args.cmake
foreach(n RANGE ${ARGC})
  message(STATUS "${n} ${CMAKE_ARGV${n}}")
endforeach()
message(STATUS "${CMAKE_ARGV0}")
message(STATUS "${CMAKE_ARGV1}")
message(STATUS "${CMAKE_ARGV2}")

C:\dev\dcole> cmake -P args.cmake
-- 0 cmake
-- cmake
-- -P
-- args.cmake

C:\dev\dcole> cmake --version
cmake version 3.2.1

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).