[CMake] CPack: creating an zip archive within a parent archive

Brian Wallace bpwallace at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:22:13 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

I have an exiting CMake project which currently builds a TGZ artifact.  I
would like to use CPack to create a zip file containing some of the files
currently installed and then include that zip file within the parent TGZ
archive.

What is the best way to approach this problem of using CPack with two
separate generation methods within one cmake project?  I am not a cmake
guru so I am still trying to learn the r

I see that CPack has component groups, but is there a way to set a
dependency so that the Zip is always built first and then installed so that
it can be packaged into the parent TGZ?

Thanks,

Brian