[CMake] Multi-platform visual studio projects

Ryan Pavlik ryan.pavlik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 09:35:50 EDT 2015

You are correct: if you're using the visual studio generators it doesn't
matter (in general) what your process environment variables are. Note that
if you're using find package, some of those scripts use environment
variables to help find libraries, but they are not the "standard" variables
set by the visual studio command prompt scripts.

The command prompt would matter if, for instance, you were using the nmake
makefiles generator.

Ryan