[CMake] Management of source file lists

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 4 09:30:16 EDT 2015

Hello,

CMake provides an interface for sub-projects by
the command "add_subdirectory".
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.2/command/add_subdirectory.html

The input and output directories will match by default
and will be automatically created by the build system.
Each directory will usually handle only the source files
from its own area. I see software development challenges there
if the corresponding source file lists will also be needed
for other build options like documentation generation
from source code.
Now I am looking again for possibilities to forward
information from such subdirectories to companion
CMake projects.

I can construct also a source file list in a single
CMake script. Do I need to care for creation of
output directories myself then if I combine
some components in this way?

Regards,
Markus