[CMake] BundleUtilities not working

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:36:11 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We have a similar way here to get dll dependencies recursively and create a
zip archive. Ideally, this could be integrated in cmake but not sure if
that will be ok on cmake side. The code doesn't uses fixup_bundle(..) but
follows a similar function syntax.

 package_mingw(
        ARCH "${mxearch}"
        MXEROOT "${mxeroot}"
         PREFIX_DIR "${archive_name}"
         PEFILES  "${pefiles}"
        SEARCHDIRS "")

more details here:
https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/blob/HEAD:/CMakeLists.txt#l422

Note: this was only tested on a cross compiling build and contains some
code specific for our project.

[1]
https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/blob/HEAD:/CMake/MinGWPackage.cmake

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 07/28/2015 12:51 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> > The possible lack of grep is a potential issue so your read
> > back from file suggestion is interesting, is there a recognized place to
> > write temporary files like this?
>
> IIRC the code in question runs during "cmake -P cmake_install.cmake"
> scripts so CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR may be a reasonable choice.
> If for any reason you need to randomize the file name then you
> could use string(RANDOM).
>
> Since this is specific to Windows perhaps $ENV{TEMP} will be useful,
> though I don't recall off the top of my head whether applications
> are supposed to read that directly.  Certainly a randomized file
> name would be needed if a shared temp dir were used.
>
> -Brad
>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Regards,