[CMake] Creating an installer using cpack

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:30:54 EST 2015

need to use install( PROGRAMS ... ) then

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Gonzalo Garramuno <ggarra13 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 08/01/15 21:56, J Decker wrote:
>
>> I don't think you should install libraries like that... things in binary
>> would be build products, can you possibly just install the libs as normal
>>
>> INSTALL( Target <...> LIBRARY DESTINATION lib )
>>
> The lib files are not built by cmake but are dependencies for my program.
>
> The lib files are symbolic links to the /usr/local/lib directory. For
> example:
>
> Release/lib/libfltk2.so.2.0 -> /usr/local/lib/libfltk2.so.2.0
>
> With the tgz installer, the symlinks are flattened to their respective
> files.
> However, with the deb installer, the symlinks are kept.
> I would like the symlink to be flattened also in the deb installer. Then
> all would be peachy.
>
> install( PROGRAM .... ) will keep executable permissions...  (as opposed
to using FILES or DIRECTORY )  not sure about symlinks....

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/install.html only references
symbolic links once, and that's for Install( TARGET ... ) " Either
NAMELINK_ONLY or NAMELINK_SKIP may be specified as a LIBRARY option. On
some platforms a versioned shared library has a symbolic link such as:"