[CMake] Unable to create project files with Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7

David.Karr at engilitycorp.com David.Karr at engilitycorp.com
Wed Jan 7 16:09:12 EST 2015

> What do you mean when you say "I set CMAKE_ROOT to a directory" ??
>
> That should not be necessary, no matter how you're running cmake...
>
> Is that an ENV var or a CMake variable you're setting somewhere?

CMAKE_ROOT was an ENV variable used by a script outside of CMake that (in the more complicated build that I was originally describing) would invoke the actual CMake executable.  I've been using that script for so long I had forgotten where the requirement for CMAKE_ROOT came from.  As it turns out, in at least one of the command windows where I tried the "hello world" test case, I did not actually set CMAKE_ROOT after all.  That symbol (or lack of it) does not seem to have any bearing on the problem I'm experiencing.

David