[CMake] external project add, clone without history

J. Caleb Wherry calebwherry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:32:38 EST 2015

Miklos,

I did a quick test and using the DOWNLOAD_COMMAND option to
ExternalProject_Add works nicely:

ExternalProject_Add(sfml
  PREFIX ${sfml_PREFIX}
  DOWNLOAD_COMMAND git clone --depth 1
https://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML.git
  INSTALL_DIR ${sfml_INSTALL_DIR}
  CMAKE_ARGS ${sfml_CMAKE_ARGS}
)

I could not, however, get it to work along with specifying the
GIT_REPOSITORY option. I believe this is because using the DOWNLOAD_COMMAND
completely overrides all other download options.

I think this is the best way to get what you want. I'm surprised no one
else has commented since cloning a git repo with submodules needs the
'recursive' option to actually pull in the submodule code. It's a similar
problem you are facing with needing to pass in extra options to the
download executable.

-Caleb

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Miklos Espak <m.espak at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to specify the --depth 1 argument in ExternalProject_Add
> for cloning projects from git?
>
> Cheers,
> Miklos
>

> --