[CMake] Creating DLL from FORTRAN code

Doron Klepach klepachd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 07:57:53 EST 2015

Hello there,

I am new to CMake and I am trying to convert a project to work with CMake.

As a part of the process I need to create a DLL from a FORTRAN code.

Here are some details:
*The code works on Visual Studio and creates the DLL as required.

*The main subroutine looks like this:

subroutine sub1(var1,var2 ...)

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT      :: sub1

ens subroutine sub1

* I looked at the CMake command

add_library(<name> [STATIC | SHARED | MODULE]
            [EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL]
            source1 [source2 ...])

and tried the SHARED option, but that did not work, giving an error.

* I looked at several sources for help, including
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/231

but I was not able to figure out how to create the DLL (the link to
the example is not working)

I would appreciate a simple example that shows how to do this.

Thank you for your help,

Doron