[CMake] CMP0026 - Disallow use of the LOCATION target property

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Feb 24 16:36:31 EST 2015

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 20:14:23 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Jifeng ZHANG wrote:
> > Any idea when CMake 4.0 is planned to release? So we can get a general
> > idea when the old behavior will stop working.
>
> What will you do when it is released and the LOCATION property does stop
> working for build targets? Whatever it is, any reason not to do it now?

Always a good reason not to do it now while it still works is that by not
doing it now the saved time can be used to work on other things which really
need to be done now, maybe on a deadline.
Once it's not working anymore it really needs to be done, and then it will be
done. Yes, this postpones a problem into the future, but that's not always a
bad thing.

Alex