[CMake] Eclipse CDT project for VC++ toolchain - debug information?

Martin Dietze mdietze at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:38:09 EST 2015

I need to maintain a multi platform project. The Windows version
requires the Visual C++ tools.
I would however like to use Eclipse. Now I have succeeded doing the
basic setup, and I can build inside Eclipse. Only I never get debug
information generated. The commadn line I use is this:

cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - NMake Makefiles" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -D
CMAKE_ECLIPSE_VERSION=4.3 .

When I look into the files cmake generates I find that the calls to
cl.exe do not contain the necessary switches.

Is this a bug, or do I miss some necessary information?

Cheers,

Martin

--
---------- MDietze at gmail.com --/-- martin at the-little-red-haired-girl.org ----