[CMake] EXTERNAL cache entries

Miklos Espak m.espak at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 10:47:20 EST 2015

Hi,

in CMakeCache.txt the entries are divided into two sections, external and
internal cache entries.

What does exactly get into the external section, and when does this section
get updated?

The CMake cache of my project has some external cache entries that come
from an external project. If I update the external project and build it to
a different location, the values in the cmake cache (in my project) are not
updated, and still contain the old path. (Where the EP was built
previously.)

Is there a way to regenerate the external entries of the CMake cache
somehow?

Cheers,
Miklos