[CMake] cmake shared library exported symbols on 64bit AIX XLC compiler

Michael Hufer michael.hufer at dionglobal.de
Thu Feb 19 05:03:09 EST 2015

Hi,
we have issues linking against shared libraries created  in our project
on AIX
7.1 with XLC 12.1 when creating 64bit applications. The created shared
libraries to not export any symbols.
After some digging around I figured out that this is due to a missing
argument
for IBM's XL CreateExportList tool called from the generated "link.txt"
file.
For 64bit shared libraries this tool should be called with -X64 (and
-X32 for 32bit to be consistent).

The arguments for this tool seems to be set in "Modules/Compiler/XL.cmake".
Unfortunately I could not figure out myself how to add or not add the "-X64"
to the commandline, depending on the whether a particular build run is
creating 32 or 64bit objects.
Could someone with more intimate knowledge of how the CMake internal
modules handle this look into this, please?

Thanks,

--
Michael Hufer
Senior Software Developer