[CMake] Visual Studio add-in: adding non-cmake files as dependencies to trigger re-generation

Alessio masariello+cmake.org at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:11:58 EST 2015

Subject: Visual Studio add-in: adding non-cmake files as dependencies to
trigger re-generation
Hello

Is there a way to let the Visual Studio CMake add-in know that it needs to
regenerate the project when certain non-cmake files change?

I'm reading lists of file names from non-cmake txt files with file(STRINGS
...) calls. The variable is then used to form lists of files that need to
be compiled.

I'm aware that I could have the lists in set(var ...) statements inside
"includable" cmake files, but unfortunately I have to do it this way
because the txt files are also digested by our legacy build system.

Any advice much appreciated!
Thank you in advance!