[CMake] creating start menu items

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 02:56:55 EST 2015

On 02/13/2015 07:52 AM, Paul Anton Letnes wrote:
> I have been unable to come across any documentation on how the WiX CPack
> generator can create start menu items. I'll need to create items both
> for a few PDFs (documentation) and for an executable or two. Is this
> supported, or do I need to write my own XML patch file and give that to WiX?

The WIX generator implements the generic CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES [1]
which like the name suggests is only for executables though.

I was pondering adding another installed file property [2] for the
creation of start menu / desktop shortcuts for convenience but for now
CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE [3] should work for non-executables.

Nils

[1] http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/module/CPack.html

[2]
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/manual/cmake-properties.7.html#properties-on-installed-files