[CMake] cmake option system-information interaction with other definition options

Justin Cook jcook at cray.com
Mon Feb 9 10:24:10 EST 2015

Hello,

I'm finding the cmake --system-information command option to be valuable in testing different things. However it appears that it does not appear to work with -D. For example:

cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/gcc --system-information system.txt

The information in 'system.txt' will not contain the defined compiler from the -D option.

I wonder if this is intended? Will it work with a toolchain file instead? Or do I need to do a real build in order to make use of toolchain files and the -D option?

Thanks,

Justin