[CMake] custom target like add_executable

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Feb 4 21:59:07 EST 2015

On 2015-02-04 13:45-0800 Bill Newcomb wrote:

> Oops, so I guess it's not that it doesn't work at all, but that the
> add_custom_command gets run every time I 'make all', and that gnu make emits
> some warnings about circular dependencies.  The first is more of a problem,
> but both are kind of annoying.

Neither of those "issues" occurs if you have set up add_custom_command
and the corresponding add_custom_target with the appropriate
dependencies between them.

If re-reading the CMake documentation for add_custom_command and
add_custom_target doesn't help, then I suggest you give a simple example
that is not working for you.  I assume you have some dependency
issue, but until you give an example, it is hard to anticipate what
that might be.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin