[CMake] HowTo: write install_package function

Cedric Doucet cedric.doucet at inria.fr
Mon Dec 14 08:36:10 EST 2015

Hello,

I would like to write a function called install_package which works like the find_package function, but for installation of external packages (thanks to ExternalProject).
Thus, I would like to write modules InstallFoo.cmake so as to be able to call my function like this:
install_package(Foo) # installation of Foo library

Do you know if it is possible to implement such a thing?
Is there another function I could study to understand how to do it?
I tried to look at the implementation of the find_package function in my CMake's installation but I did not manage to find it.

Cédric