[CMake] error using find_package

Benjamin Staubli bscmake at outlook.com
Sun Sep 28 10:31:32 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
I encountered some problems when I tried to setup a CUDA project in CMake.
My first line of code in the CMakeLists.txt file is find_package(CUDA).
when I run the CMake with this file, I get the following error in the command line:

CMake Error at /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindCUDA.cmake:605 (if):
  if given arguments:

    "CUDA_VERSION" "VERSION_GREATER" "5.0" "AND" "CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING" "AND" "MATCHES" "arm" "AND" "EXISTS" "/usr/local/cuda/targets/armv7-linux-gnueabihf"

  Unknown arguments specified
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

At the location "/usr/local/cuda" are aliases the folders of my cuda installation. The folder targets is not present there.
I running OSX Mavericks on a MacBook Pro mid 2009 with the latest cuda driver and toolkit.
I am guessing that one of the arguments passed in line 605 of the find cuda files is not set prior to this line. But I don't know which one.
Help is appreciated!
Best,
Ben