[CMake] Compiling Firebreak plugin on OSX

Jon Webb jwebb at compunetix.com
Thu Sep 25 16:14:45 EDT 2014

I'm having a heck of a time compiling a Firebreath plugin using OSX 10.8. (Firebreath uses CMake). I installed Xcode 5.1 and the command-line tools, and ran xcode-select to set the Xcode path. I also installed Qt 4.8.2 (which Firebreath uses) and CMake, of course. When I run prepmac.sh I get an error that CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER are not found. I also found this error in the CMakeError log:

In file included from /Volumes/osPresenter/PresenterPlugin/CtxPresenterPlugin/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.cxx:2:
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:328:6: warning: "This version of Mac OS X is unsupported" [-W#warnings]
#    warning "This version of Mac OS X is unsupported"
     ^
/Volumes/osPresenter/PresenterPlugin/CtxPresenterPlugin/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.cxx:8:19: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Q_WS_QWS'
  return ((int*)(&Q_WS_QWS))[argc];
                  ^
1 warning and 1 error generated.

It looks to me like CMake is trying to verify whether symbol processing works in the way it expects and this fails.
Clearly I'm missing some important step. Can anyone point out to me what it might be?