[CMake] CPack WIX examples

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:39:36 EDT 2014

On 24.09.2014 23:20, jmerkow wrote:
> Ok, I've double checked everything and I'm not sure whats going on.
>
> I was looking in files.wxs (in _CPack_Packages/win64/WIX) for the component
> ID, and i've tried a few different ones.  I also dropped the config file
> step and used your example patch.xml:
> <CPackWiXPatch>
>      <CPackWiXFragment Id="CMP_ID_1">
> <Environment Id="MyEnvironment" Action="set" Name="FOOBAR" Value="FooBar"/>
>      </CPackWiXFragment>
> </CPackWiXPatch>
>
> Still nothing added when I search file.wxs for FOOBAR or anything else that
> should be added with the fragment injection. I am still curious as to why
> the component id's look so different between your tests and whats being
> generated in my file.wxs.
>
> That seems to leave the older version question....
> Is this feature new with 3+?  I am using CMake 2.8.12.2

Yes, 2.8.12 does not have CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE yet:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.12/cmake.html#module:CPackWIX

You would need 3.0:
     www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/module/CPackWIX.html

The WIX generator is still relatively new and hasn't had as much time as
the other generators to settle yet.
I am still in progress of adding features as requests come in which
means that many of the more recent additions will require a more current
CMake version.

Nils