[CMake] ExternalProject_Add dependency graph (dot/graphviz?) ?

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:09:06 EDT 2014

Hi Micha,

  My interest is in "show me the dependencies the external project depends
on"

  I am considering migrating an in-house build system to build opensource
projects to using CMake.
  As there are many external packages and versions (close to 100), I'd like
to be able to visualize their dependency.
  Once the new system based on CMake is working, I need to build them for
different target OS to assist in migration from current OS to future OS
version.

  e.g.

ExternalProject_Add ( python264_static
  )

ExternalProject_Add ( python264
  DEPENDS
  python264_static
  )

ExternalProject_Add ( boost_1_47_0
  DEPENDS
  python264
  )

ExternalProject_Add ( alembic_1_5_5
  DEPENDS
  python264 boost_1_47_0
  )

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - Arnold, Alembic, RenderMan, OpenGL, HDF5