[CMake] Abuse try_compile to get DLL dependencies for win32 NSIS packaging?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:27:48 EDT 2014

Ok, this may or may not work but I figured it was worth a try.

I'm running out of motivation to get a good method to determine which DLL's
I need to package with the install(SCRIPT...) / GetPrerequisites mess.

My current approach is to attempt to use try_compile to build a minimal
program I can link against and use GetPrerequisites with it.

 I crated an minimal do nothing c++ program and used the full linker flags
for the main program but it appears that the "-Wl,--no-whole-archive" is
"helping" me by not linking with things I don't need:

$ objdump -x getdeps.exe | grep "DLL Name:"
        DLL Name: KERNEL32.dll
        DLL Name: msvcrt.dll

Any ideas?

Thanks,