[CMake] Ninja generator fail for QNX on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Sep 22 11:40:48 EDT 2014

On 9/22/2014 1:45 AM, Cristian Adam wrote:

> On QNX side, thins are not as good. First, in order to compile
> the project I had to apply this patch [1], provided by Stephen Kelly.
>
> And now the "fail" part for QNX, the second subsequent build
> doesn't say "ninja: no work to do" instead it starts compiling,
> taking as much as 70% of the original clean build time :(
>
> Now I don't know who to blame cmake or ninja?
There is no way to really tell what is going on from what you have
posted.  What about the third time you run ninja does it have nothing
todo?

You can run:
  ninja -d explain
to see why ninja wants to run things.  Sounds like some input files are
getting changed during your build for QNX for some reason.

-Bill