[CMake] Xcode "CMake PreLink Rules" does not happen before the linker is called?

Andrew Lee andrew.st.lee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:18:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

We have successfully ported our build scripts to a cross-platform CMake
setup recently but there is just one thing we could not get right. We have
a PRELINK build phase that needs to execute before linking. This works for
generated Visual Studio projects and make scripts but not for Xcode
generated projects.
It appears that the generated Xcode "CMake PreLink Rules" build phase
happens after the linker is executed.

I had a look at the source file for the Xcode generator (
https://github.com/awakecoding/cmake/blob/master/Source/cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx)
and Xcode IDE configuration. I suspect it's not possible to get Xcode to
run a pre-link command in the same manner as for the other generators on
other platforms.
Is this correct? I appreciate if somebody can point me in the right
direction.

Cheers,
Andy