[CMake] CMake & QT5.3

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 00:45:55 EST 2014

When I build CMake (master version: 3.1.20141123-g2a0c) with VS2013
Community Edition (win64) and Qt 5,3 I get the following warning:

CMake Warning (dev) at
C:/Qt/5.3/msvc2013_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreMacros.cmake:224
(configure_file):
configure_file called with unknown argument(s):

COPY_ONLY

Call Stack (most recent call first):
Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:28 (qt5_add_resources)
Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:122 (QT4_ADD_RESOURCES)
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

cannot compile simplest ever MFC app, avoiding MFC test

Configuring done
Generating done

 Ignore MFC I don't have it installed so the status message is correct.

Line 224 reads:
configure_file("${infile}" "${out_depends}" COPY_ONLY)

The documentation on cmake_packages makes no reference to COPY_ONLY (it did
in 3.0.2 see:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake-packages.7.html#id12).
In http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/release/3.1.0.html there is no
mention that this has been dropped. Maybe a reference should be inserted
here noting that COPY_ONLY is no longer a parameter in configure_file(). It
looks like it has been replaced by COPYONLY. The Qt developers may not have
picked up on this.

Also in Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt would it be possible to modify it so
that when QT5 is found, the QT4 warning is suppressed?

Regards

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean