[CMake] Looking for a way to post-process Visual Studio projects generated by CMake

Parag Chandra parag at ionicsecurity.com
Fri Nov 21 15:37:01 EST 2014

I've been using the RC builds of CMake 3.1 to generate Visual Studio projects for Native Client. I have things working pretty well with a few workarounds, but I'm still having one problem that I can't figure out a solution to. I am targeting the PNaCl environment of Native Client, and by default, Google's project system for Visual Studio will perform a very expensive translation step to convert the final .pexe executable file into architecture-specific .nexe files, one each for x86, x86_64, and ARM. There are project settings to disable this translation step, but these options do not seem to translate into any compiler/linker flags that I can see. Instead, XML nodes are added to the resultant .vcxproj file when you disable the translation.

My question is if there is a way to post-process the .vcxproj file that CMake generates in order to add these additional XML nodes? The naïve thing I tried first is to just run a script to make the modifications, but of course the next time CMake runs it will regenerate the project file and wipe out these changes.

Regards,

Parag Chandra