[CMake] Having a real hardtime installing CMake on a Linux cluster machine

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 5 18:58:02 EST 2014

On 11/5/2014 4:03 PM, Joshua Studen wrote:

> I don't think the configure script is respecting the variables at all.
> For example, even though I've specified --no-qt-gui, I still get this
> after configure:
>
> Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE
> QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE QT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_LIBRARY_DIR
> QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY)
I would not worry about this.

At the end of the day the configure script bootstraps cmake.  It works
like this:

1. build a minimal version of cmake
2. use that cmake to configure cmake
3. then you type make, ninja or what ever to get the build.

It would seem that what is happening with your build is that it is
detecting curses, but badly.

You might want to play around with
   --init=FILE             load FILE as script to populate cache

You could put BUILD_CursesDialog set to off in that script to keep it
from trying to build curses.   It would also be helpful if you could
show more than just the build error.

"
The configure phase seems to work fine.. throws no errors"

What does it do?  Does it say something about curses?

-Bill