[CMake] [cmake-developers] Forwarding parameters to cmake through cmake-gui

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:38:47 EST 2014

Bump. With CMake 3.1 on the horizon, I was wondering if there was any
progress on this.

This would be really useful to me. I am basically invoking command
line cmake.exe so I can pass all the right options, including my own
CMake Initial Cache file. I ship an entire self-contained "SDK" of
sorts which has all the prebuilt library dependencies in a place
relative to a .bat or .sh script used to invoke cmake.exe, which makes
project generation for all of my platforms essentially a turn-key
operation.

However, my projects have a couple of configurable options (e.g. I
don't need to link in OpenAL), And it would be nice if I could present
the CMake gui first so they can uncheck the options before generation.
(I copy some things into the build directory on generation which means
they get stuff they may not want if they can't uncheck the option
first.)

I think basically the behavior I want is essentially the same as
ccmake, except have a proper GUI (a lot of Windows and newer users
don't grok the curses thing).

Thanks,
Eric