[CMake] ExternalPackage_Add with Non-CMake project that runs differently then equivalent shell script

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue May 27 14:16:25 EDT 2014

I took what you did it and cleaned it up a bit, but I ran into the same
issue.  Strangely, in trying to debug it I ran
Œmake VERBOSE=1¹ and THAT command succeeded where Œmake¹ by itself had
that problem with finding the target ¹s¹

I then tried setting CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE to ON and same thing, the
build succeeded. So I don¹t know where that target ¹s¹ complaint came from.

So maybe this is something to log as a bug.

By the way, Metis actually comes with a Cmake build setup (I.e.
CMakeLists.txt) but it¹s broken.

This is the CMakeLists.txt I wrote to test with:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
project(MetisBuild)
include(ExternalProject)
ExternalProject_Add(Metis
  URL http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/fetch/sw/metis/metis-5.1.0.tar.gz
  URL_MD5 0
  SOURCE_DIR Metis
  BUILD_IN_SOURCE 1
  BUILD_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL}
  UPDATE_COMMAND ""
  CONFIGURE_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL} config shared=1
prefix=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/contrib/Metis
  INSTALL_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL} install
  INSTALL_DIR ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/contrib/Metis
)