[CMake] PDB generation

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Wed May 21 12:21:28 EDT 2014

At some point in the 2.8 lifecycle, the choice was made to no longer copy the .pdb files on windows builds with the .lib that is generated.

I found a note somewhere, that there was "good" reasoning for it.. And in general, I agree, for many applications you don't need the pdb files for static libraries.

However, if the target of your project IS a static library that you supply to customers for integration into their toosl, you NEED to supply the pdb otherwise they are stuck getting the "pdb not found" warning message.

Is there any hope chance of bringing this back?

Scott