[CMake] target name collision

Aurelien Richez aurelien.richez at inria.fr
Thu Mar 27 09:57:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have two project that are independent and can be compiled on their own. I also have a bigger project which include these two project with add_subdirectory. However, these projects contain targets with the same names. As a consequence, cmake 2.8 complains with a message such as "another target with the same name already exists" when I try to generate the makefile.

Isn't there a way to handle this situation which does not involve renaming the targets in the subproject ? Like an option to automatically add a prefix to target added from add_subdirectory (for instance, target "doc" in "subproject1" would become "subproject1/doc" in the upper project).

Thanks,

Aurélien Richez