[CMake] CPack+ NSIS Template modificaiton

Lloyd lloydkl.tech at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 05:02:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are using NSIS to install our application. It makes use of custom NSIS
plugin and MUI2 based custom interface. In order to accommodate this, I
thought of creating a new NSIS template for our project.

I have gone through the existing NSIS template (It uses MUI*1*). Is there
any document that help me to write the template?

The problem I face is, I am not able to identify the relationship between
the CPack variables (CPackConfig.cmake)  and the variables in
NSIS.template.in file. As an example,  CPackConfig.cmake file refers a
variable "CPACK_NSIS_MUI_ICON" but this variable is not present in the "
NSIS.template.in", instead there is a variable
"@CPACK_NSIS_INSTALLER_MUI_ICON_CODE@" which controls the package's main
icon.

Anybody know this relationship works?

What is going on here, what is the right method to follow? I am reluctant
to use the existing NSIS template as it is bit complicated (from our point
of application) and also we want more functionality.

Thanks a lot,
   Lloyd