[CMake] cpack ZIP generator fails if source file is readonly

Bruce Cartland bruce.cartland at pobox.com
Tue Mar 18 01:24:14 EDT 2014

I'm upgrading my build from 2.8.8 to the latest toolset.

At this stage I've only tried on Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard SP1 and
Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (my Linux/Mac boxes are currently broken).

The particular part which fails is packaging the source - which uses the
ZIP generator

cpack --config ./CPackSourceConfig.cmake --verbose

If I re-install cmake/cpack 2.8.8, it works.

cpack 2.8.9 and above (I've tried a number of releases including the
latest 2.8.12.2) results in "CPack Error: Problem copying file: ........"

If I make the source files writeable, then everything works.

Is this a known issue or can I report a bug?

Regards